24 February 2017

Bye Royce


Today is Royce last day. Royce is, or I should now say, was, MyFM's DJ.

I listen to MyFM whenever I am driving, a Chinese radio station that is my main source of information on new songs, and the occasional news.

Since my commute is over an hour each way, I have grown used to the MyFM DJs whose hours coincide with my to and fro work hours.

Royce is one of them.

He is witty, funny, and talented. I enjoy listening to him on the radio, so it's rather saddening that he has left.

I do sincerely wish him well in whatever his future endeavour is.

Ever since closer colleague friends started leaving the company due to company's headcount reduction or personal choice last year (or was it the year before last?), my circle of friends gets smaller and smaller.

Royce's departure feels like another friend gone from my daily life. =(

I should get to know more new friends, yet somehow there's an unnamed reluctance. Perhaps because sometimes I feel that friendship nowadays seem so... hollow, shallow, superficial, and fleeting.

So instead I tried, perhaps I am still trying, to get to know my existing friends better, hoping to develop a deeper, more meaningful relationship.

Not sure if that effort got anywhere, I do know I am tired.



Other |temperamental thoughts| category entries.


No comments: