20 February 2017

Acceptance?


After the reorganisation many months ago, I have finally got a clear expectation from my new group manager.

There are still ambiguity in my job scope and responsibility but at least now I know what my manager's manager expectation is.

Basically on top of the majority of the work that I am doing now, I have to be the local content expert on things that I have no part in design or development, and the designer and developer are miles away in another time zone where all this time I have never been involved or tied in to any of their work.

I just have to somehow know everything they have done and be the expert in resolving issues that are related to all that areas. Three major and different areas that took different teams of people to design and develop.

So I guess I just have to go bug at least three different people and hope they can somehow pass their kung fu to me through some suitable communication channel that link two sides of the globe.

If only all that knowledge and skill can be directly downloaded into my brain...

My manager's manager also said I have to learn to say no to some of the job requests related to the work that I have been doing all my career thus far, when there is bandwidth constraint, in order to focus on the new role and responsibilty he gave me.

Funny because before he said that he said he heard many who said good things about what I was doing, and wants me to continue utilising my strength, and yet he wants me to say no to those requests if my bandwidth is taken up by the new expectation he has for me. My bandwidth will definitely be taken up, since I have to learn from scratch on things that don't really interest me!

I guess I already failed when I didn't say no to this forced role change.



Other |temperamental thoughts| category entries.


No comments: