15 January 2017

Returned


Meant to post this a few weeks ago but kept on ended up posting something else instead.

This was drafted slightly more than two weeks ago on the last day of 2016.

Anyway...

What's supposed to be a one month, two months top, relocation ended up being six months. Started 20th of June and by 21st of December, I stopped 'playing it by the ear', sent my recognitions to the colleagues who had worked closely throughout the six months, and returned to ulu place.

Spent the morning of my first day back at my own cubicle cleaning it.

In that six months, a few colleagues left. A new colleague joined our group, then the worst ever departmental reorganisation in my entire career so far happened, which led to that new colleague being under another manager by the time I return.

I went on the relocation feeling being sold, and absolutely disappointed with the management because it's something we forewarned them to learn from experience and avoid doing the same mistake, and they bloody let it happen again. And I was the one who got thrown into the shit pool.

Not impressed.

I returned from the relocation equally disappointed with the management. I pulled the plug myself because the worst reorganisation that happened has left me feeling lost in my career. The first time ever. And enough is enough.

We have no say whatsoever in the reorganisation, and the management has screwed up half of the group with the reorganisation. We are still unclear of our role and responsibilities four months after the reorganisation.

Not impressed.

But nevertheless, it's good to be back with the gang, even though it has become smaller.



Other |temperamental thoughts| category entries.


No comments: