02 January 2017

Random behaviour for January 2017


I usually don't write a long entry for impromptu resolution, just report how I did for last month and what's the new resolution for this month, but I have a feeling this one is going to be longish.

December's impromptu resolution was 'to connect', I wrote about it half way through, because this was the one resolution that I really regretted.

I did put in the effort to connect, to reach out, to care, but I am going to say I have failed my December resolution, because initially I intended to connect to many more but in the end I simply gave up. Guess I am just not the person I was. The nice, magnanimous, generous person. No more.

Many thanks to those who reciprocated, also to those who didn't. I know now who to, and who not to spend my time and effort on.

Should really learn my lesson by now, do not set a resolution that relies on other, set something that I can control strictly by myself.


Alrighty, that's for December.

For January, the resolution idea popped into my head on 20th of November, while I was watching Transformer 4: Age of Extinction on my computer, eating chips and drinking Coke. I noted down the idea because it scares me. Initially I wanted to write an entry based on that, but this is it, here's what I have in the beginning of the draft:

A decision started with a thought, an idea.

Impulsive decision making bypasses the careful analysing, weighing and considering thought process, and goes straight to the end.

Like my monthly random resolution, not much thought was given, it's just whatever strikes my fancy at the time or writing.


Anyway, when the idea popped into my mind, I couldn't immediately put that into action, as I do not want to waste stuff. So the resolution would only take effect once my stock is depleted, which happened in December.

Those who know me well will understand how challenging this resolution is for me, because I intended it to be a resolution for the whole year, but I will see how I fare in January first.

For January 2017, started some time in December, my impromptu resolution is: to not have Coke in the house, and to not eat chips for supper.

Because I can, I think...



Other |flickering fling| category entries.

  

No comments: