03 October 2016

Weekend project: library cataloguing & cleanup


Wifey managed to clear up four sections of the main home library bookshelves. The books were doublestacked top and bottom as well as front and back in two rows in pretty much every section of the bookshelves. It's overdue for a tidy up.

Since we never had a complete inventory of our books, I decided to catalogue the books as well besides rearranging the books.

Took me two days.

As of around 18:00 hours today, I have finally got, on Microsoft Excel, a spreadsheet of all the books currently on the main home library bookshelves. All 416 of them, which I arranged in sections in an order that makes sense to me, and I labelled the sections.

I mentioned main home library bookshelves since there are still a few 'secondary' bookshelves in the house. A bookshelf full of my Mandarin novels from my primary and high school days, as well as comics. Another bookshelf beside the main dining table filled with parents' books, plus a few more in the 'library' room, and many shelves full of children novels.

I am not going to catalogue all these 'secondary' bookshelves, since nobody ever touch them nowadays, hehe. =P

What I do still want to put into the spreadsheet though, are the books currently on loan to others. These I will have to wait until I got them back from friends and family.

Got myself a mild backache, but I am very pleased with what I achieved. ^_^



Other |flickering fling| category entries.

  

No comments: