29 May 2016

Old games


Recently, with the discovering of D-Fend Reloaded, I have been playing some old DOS games. Classic games.

There are some games that I didn't manage to complete when I was a lot younger, like, when I was 20 to 30 years younger. And there are games that I have completed but simply feel like playing again out of nostalgia.

Times of Lore got the honour as the first game I played using D-Fend Reloaded. It's a game that I didn't manage to complete previously. With the help of walkthrough from the internet, I finally finished the game. I don't think I will ever figure out the game on my own.

The other game I wasn't able to complete in my youth is Xenon 2 Megablast. Since I still suck big time in this type of game, I had to resort to using cheat to finish the game. Not proud of it, but I am glad I got these two games out of my system, after so many years.

Xenon 2 Megablast

Then I indulged myself with a trip down the memory lane playing Lode Runner. I solved all 150 levels all those years ago, I solved them again recently. This is a game I am letting the little monsters play, since it's children friendly and it's puzzle solving. A fun way to develop their problem solving skill.

Lode Runenr

The elder son was talking about Donkey Kong, I think because his schoolmates were harping about it after the Pixels movie. It's not a game that I like but I got it anyway, for the kids when they completed Lode Runner. =)

Donkey Kong

Then I tried Street Fighter II, another game that I suck at. Nothing has changed, I still suck big time and it's just not fun playing with keyboard instead of joystick, so I moved on.

The latest game that I played is the Bomberman, or Dyna Blaster. There are so many versions of this game, the one I just completed has eight main levels with about seven sub-levels each.

Bomberman

There are a few more games that I like to play again after all these years: Digger, I remember I was fairly good at this game; The Ancient Art of War; Super Mario Bros; Raiden...

So many games, so little time! =P


No comments: